Do you suffer from distorted thinking?
What are the effects it is having on you?
Most important, how do you get rid of it if you have it?
- “If my husband really cared about my happiness, he would take on more responsibility with the house and kids.”
- “I feel like such a failure, I’ll never achieve my dream.”
- “If I didn’t grow up in such a dysfunctional family, I wouldn’t be depressed.”
The Fabulous Four Cure for Distorted Thinking:1. Identify the negative emotion you are feeling
2. Identify the situation which triggered this emotion
3. Identify the distorted thought
4. Create the opposite emotion in the same situation with a kind thought.
2. My daughter/son just told me I was a terrible mother/father because I wouldn’t let him/her stay out past midnight.
3. Because my child told me I was a terrible parent in that specific situation, I feel like my entire life of being a parent is a failure, which makes me feel even more depressed. This feeling reinforces the belief I have no hope of change because this feeling comes from my horrible childhood, which I can never go back to the past to make better.
4. There are many people who have had worse pasts than me, who are happy productive people today, living in healthy relationship with their families. I can be happier today because these past experiences have given me more compassion, better discernment, and deeper experience to make better choices in the present. These better choices I make, give me power to create the life I want. I am no longer a victim to other peoples behavior!
Sign up for Deb’s free motivational tele-seminar here - “A Return to Happiness – Rise Above Your Problems” and learn about more ways to get rid of your problem thoughts. Experience feeling and being happy, purposeful, and peaceful. You’re worth the effort!