The Happiness Quiz: Which one of these are you?
Sharing is caring, so here’s the quiz – (perhaps you want to take it now before read the rest of the story?!)
Which one of the following most reduces your ability to be happy?
- Problem People in my life.
- Negative &/or Distorted Thinking.
- My Health.
- Not enough money.
Here’s the overall results:
“Experts attribute about 50% of a person’s happiness to genetic endowments and another 10% to circumstances – where we live, how much money we make, how healthy we are.”
Good News! This means you have 40% of your own happiness within your control!
The first step toward achieving any new action is awareness. Once you are aware of what may be catalyzing your unhappiness, you can accept it, and inject a new response to create a new result.
Let’s take a look at the Happiness Quiz Breakdown:
By Job Title:
By Job Function:
and last but not least..
By Company Size :
Do these results surprise you? The fact most people found thier distorded thinking the primary happiness obstacle VS how much money they had, was amazing.
Money can’t buy you happiness. In fact, the pursuit to make a lot of may be stealing your happiness!
Psycholigist conducted a study on this topic using data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Check out this extremely telling information:
“Men making more than $100,000 per year spend 19.9 percent of their time on passive leisure, compared to 34.7 percent for men making less than $20,000. ”
“Women making more than $100,000 spend 19.6 percent of their time on passive leisure, compared with 33.5 percent of those making less than $20,000.”
“Wealthy people, it seems, spend so much time chasing the money that they don’t have enough time left to use in a way that makes them happy. People with lower incomes spend more time enjoying themselves.”
So don’t believe the lie you can’t be happy in these tough economic times. Most of your happiness depends on the moods your thoughts create- not the amount of money you have to make.
Scientist report “even small improvements in mood can have positive cascading effects.” These seemingly simple strategies, promise powerful lasting results.
The take-a-way; your commitment to being consistent and persistent using your happiness tools, is the golden key to unlocking your happiness door.
“Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle
Here are some tips to turn the insanity of unhappiness into the clarity of powerful happy producing habits:
- 1. Accept ‘You don’t know what you don’t know.”If you don’t know every piece of information on planet earth – you have a reciprocal amount of ideas which you have the opportunity to learn, to help you be happy. That’s a lot of information!
- 2. Practice “Successful Sabotage”If self-sabotage is setting yourself up for failure, successful sabotage can be setting yourself up for success! Strategically placing positive affirmations, photo’s, or even trinkets, in places where you will be forced to stumble upon them throughout your day, can ignite a positive cascade in your head. Consistency conquers
- 3. Be a “2 Minute Volunteer” You can’t give what you don’t have, and you can’t have, what you’re not willing to give away. Why not share your favorite affirmation on a sticky note – in your bills, to the people you work with, attach it to your email’s? It’s not the amount of physical time you take to volunteer, it’s the sincerity in your heart with which you give the love away, which matters.
You spend more time with YOU than anyone else. If you can’t enjoy your own company, how do you expect anyone else to?!
“Your self-talk is built by your thoughts. Apparently we each have 50,000 thoughts per day. (Who is it that measures these things!) Unfortunately for many the vast majority of those 50,000 are repetitive, negative thoughts – focused on the things you should have done, things that went wrong, how you aren’t good enough, the list goes on.”
Remember, each one of these conversations you’re having with yourself in your head, is being reinforced and recorded in your memory. Not only the thought, but the accompanying positive or negative feeling it ignites – again and again!
You have a choice. Dedicate yourself to implementing strategies which help you win the battle in your mind. Recruit a solid strong army of amazing positive change agents in your head, and dump the junk those negative demolition demons seek to repeat.
Don’t let your happiness come from other people’s minds. Get involved in the direction and quality of your life this very moment. If fact, CONGRATULATIONS! by reading this article you’ve already begun.
Remember – You’re Worth the Effort!
This content will be shown after all post